assemblage : : suzanne
Suzanne’s my buddy.
We met at an exercise class in Oslo, Norway in the 80s and have been friends ever since. So, I made a big deal of her 50th. Anything for an excuse to do some crazy wrapping.
I found this metal heart at a museum gift shop. Suzanne hosts a Valentine making party every year for her friends so, it was a perfect gift. The wired heart ribbon came from Ikea.
My signature move… taping ribbon inside the pleats. I have a lot of foam letter stamps.
- mix orange and bronze metallic tempera paint
- paint in stripes in two directions
- cut paper and lay the gift at an angle
- fold in sides
- wrap paper around gift
- fix underneath with double sided tape
- cut out little heart on flap with heart punch